Using a rowing machine is a fantastic way to get a full body workout. Many people have used erg rowers to develop the body they had always wanted. Others have found that rowing machine exercise helps them improve mobility or deal with other health problems that can be improved through fitness.
One of the hardest parts of getting started with home rowing machine workouts is also the most basic: choosing which machine you will purchase. This is a tough decision because it represents a considerable expense. Of course, you want to be sure that you make a smart choice since your rower will be contributing to your personal health for many years to come.
One of the best options currently on the market is the Lifespan RW1000 Rowing Machine. What are the benefits of this machine over others? What should you know about it before you buy one? And what you can you expect from your experience using the rower at home?
Lifespan Rowing Machine – The Benefits
Consider some of the reasons why the Lifespan rower has become popular with many home fitness enthusiasts.
- Well-Built and Sturdy: When you are going to spend several hundred dollars on a home exercise machine, you want to be sure that it is built to last. Lifespan uses steel and builds their equipment to remain sturdy even after lots of use. Keep in mind, however, that if the machine is not set up properly it could lead to instability problems. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions very closely.
- Quiet: Compared with other rowing machines, the Lifespan rower is extremely quiet. Countless online reviews mention the minimal sound it makes. Many other rowers make lots of noise because of their resistance designs, but the magnetic resistance of Lifespan ergometers is nearly silent.
- Variable Resistance: You can make some adjustments to the Lifespan RW1000 Rowing Machine’s resistance which is great if you want to vary your workouts on a regular basis. It comes with five different resistance settings that should fit the needs of most people. Changing the resistance setting is easy; you just have to move a knob under the control panel.
- Comfortable: You do not want to experience uncomfortable or unnatural movements while performing rowing machine exercises. Many users find that the Lifespan’s comfortable padded seat makes it easy to finish even a long rowing workout. The rowing handles are also padded which is a nice feature that you do not always find in other machines.
- Easy to Store: If space is an issue in your home, you will love the easy storage of the Lifespan rower. It just takes a few seconds to fold the entire machine up to a standing position. A small pin holds the seat rail in place; simply remove it, stand up the rail, and then enter the pin again to store the machine. Moving the rower is easy as the manufacturers have included wheels on the base.
- Smooth Movement: Some rowers can produce rather awkward and jerky movements, but Lifespan has managed to avoid that with their design. Nearly all users find that the natural rowing movement of this machine is smooth and easy to become accustomed to after just a few workouts.
- Warranty: While you hope to never have to invoke a product’s manufacturer warranty, it is reassuring to know that your rower comes with one. The RW1000 rower has a 5 year warranty for the frame, a 2 year warranty for parts, and a 1 year warranty for labor.
Considerations Before You Buy
While there are many clear benefits to doing your home rowing exercises on a Lifespan machine, be sure to consider the following details before you buy.
- The machine’s monitor is very basic. If you are looking for in depth data after each workout, you will need to find an additional workout monitor. The one included with the machine handles the basics, such as distance, calories burnt, stroke count, time, and strokes per minute. While the time and stroke functions are quite reliable, calories burnt can be difficult to measure accurately based on a number of factors including the resistance level you are working out on, your personal health, and other details.
- The sturdy design has limits. Even though the Lifespan rowing machine is well-built, it is not designed for persons who weigh over 300 pounds and can become uncomfortable for users over 6’4” tall. Even so, you may find that the rower works for you but it would be wise to test it out at a local fitness center before purchasing one for your home.
A Great Home Rowing Machine
A Lifespan rowing machine will make a great addition to your home exercise equipment. It will provide a unique workout opportunity that targets all of your major muscle groups with one machine. With a bit of dedication and effort, the Lifespan RW1000 Rowing Machine can help you get in shape and stay that way.