Getting regular exercise and staying fit are critical to your long term health. A smart workout routine will combine both strength training and cardio exercises in order to work all aspects of your body on a regular basis. Sometimes, though, it can be hard to decide how you should approach your cardio workouts. While trends in cardio exercises come and go, there are clear benefits to owning and using a home rowing machine. Incorporating this machine into your regular cardio workouts can make a big difference in your personal fitness and overall health.
The Growing Popularity of Rowing Machines
Rowing machines are certainly not new comers to the fitness world. Most major gyms have had at least a few of these cardio machines available for their members to use for the last few decades. But in recent years, their popularity has skyrocketed. What has brought on this comeback to fitness popularity?
For one, the technology and style of modern rowing machines has been updated significantly. Many include water tanks to make you feel as if you are truly rowing on the lake. Others are made from beautiful carved wood that has been finished with oil to give a look that will make you want to finish your cardio workout strong.
Another essential cause of the popularity: the time factor. Most people who either workout at home or at the gym are busy. They want to get the most benefit out of their workout in the least time possible. This is where a home rowing machine really shines as the best workout equipment for home. When used properly, you can burn 11 calories per minute on your machine, work your upper body, work your lower body, and walk away from a quick exercise session feeling satisfied.
Rowing machines also offer significant benefits over other home workout equipment. Consider their benefits over a few common machines:
- Treadmills Vs. Indoor Rower: Even modern treadmills offer a considerably less productive workout than rowing; plus, there is no way to work your upper body on a treadmill. Some folks avoid using treadmills because running on them is a high impact exercise than can exacerbate join problems and cause pain.
- Stationary Bikes vs. Home Rowing Machine: You can burn twice as many calories rowing as you would spinning in the same amount of time. Instead of just working your lower body, you also put strengthening strain on your core, chest, biceps, triceps, and upper back.
- Bodyweight Routines vs. Exercise Rowing Machine: There are lots of home workout videos and bodyweight routines you can do to check off your home cardio workout. But none of them provide the efficiency level of using an indoor rower.
Why Purchase a Home Rowing Machine?
Put simply, rowing machines offer a better cardiovascular workout than any other machine you could purchase for your home. The same amount of time on a treadmill or Stairmaster simply cannot offer you the health benefits and total body workout that exercise rowing machine workouts do. Three of the main reasons why you should get and use a rowing exercise machine are:
- Cost Effective: Purchasing any home exercise equipment is going to represent a considerable expense. That is why you should be sure you are getting the best home exercise machine possible. For the money you will spend, no other machine can provide the health benefits, ease of use, and full body workout opportunity that a rowing machine does.
- Just One Machine: Have you ever seen a fitness buff’s home that is full of multiple cardio machines? Can you imagine the amount of money they have had to spend on all of them? Instead of wasting money on several pieces of unnecessary equipment, you can opt for the best workout equipment for home full body cardio workouts: an exercise rowing machine.
- Easy to Install: Some exercise machines must be installed by a technician. In most cases, that means paying an extra installation fee on top of the cost of the machine itself. And if installing it yourself is not an option, chances are that servicing it will not be either. Rowing machines, however, are very simple to install and can usually be service independently at home without difficulty.
Get the Best Results from the Best Home Cardio Equipment
If you want to get in shape at home using cardio equipment, a home rowing machine benefits you in many ways and is clearly your best option. Its most striking features are:
- Provides a full body workout
- Burns more calories per minute than any other machine
- Is cost effective
- Can be installed easily
Before purchasing any home exercise machines, be sure to compare your options and be sure that you are getting a rower that will fit in your home comfortable and that you will truly want to use. To get the maximum benefit from exercise rowing machine workouts:
- Research different types of workout routines that can be done on your machine
- Watch videos online to ensure that you are exercising with proper form
- Make a schedule for daily or weekly workouts and stick to it
- Keep track of your progress to see the results of rowing
The benefits are plentiful and the choice is clear. The best fitness equipment for home is a rowing exercise machine.
Have a look at our rowing machine comparison chart to see which one suits you needs and budget.